Show your support for this Project
By donating you are supporting us with the project work we do to preserve the mill. Donations of all values are very much appreciated and help to sustain the Mill and the charities aims.
Becoming a member is a way of supporting the mill via an annual subscription – but you get many benefits in return like free entry to the Mill.
We are supported by a team of dedicated volunteers who give their time and skill to the Mill and the work that we do here. Volunteering is a way you can support us, meet new friends and learn new skills.
Leat & Weir Restoration
We are currently seeking funding to make some repairs to the two weirs on our property and to repair our upper leat. Both the weirs and Leat repair are pivotal to effective management of the water coming to the Mill, water which is key to our Steam days as well as flowing through to properties downstream. These repairs will also lower any risk of problems or floods in the future for the Mill.
The funding would allow us to:
- Clear the weirs and leat to allow for repair works
- Provide tools to correctly clear these areas and resources for the repairs themselves
- Receive expert advice on how to successfully repair these features
- Effectively manage the waterways going forward for the Mill and properties downstream
- Minimise risks to Road bridge over the upper leat