Immerse yourself at Coldharbour Mill as we bring the industrial revolution to life. Largely untouched since Victorian times Coldharbour today remains in production using heritage looms, wool spinning machines, power sources and machinery to produce beautiful yarns and textiles. Recognised by Historic England as one of the best preserved and important textile mill complexes in the country visitors can explore how introducing steam and water power proved to be the turning point in history – revolutionising not only production but every part of daily life.
Whether your group is interested in heritage, steam power, social history crafts or military history we can promise a visit that your group will love.
Highlights Group Tour includes:
- Fully working Victorian factory with the opportunity to trace how wool is turned into
yarn and fabrics.
- Regular ‘Steam Days’ when we light the Lancashire boilers and run the original mill
engine and historic Beam Engine. (limited dates, book early to avoid disappointment, see below)
- Mill Shop – an opportunity to browse our yarns, rugs and fabrics.
- The Waterside Café which seats 40 with additional outdoor seating
- Large and free car park. Free coach parking
- Easy access – just 2 miles / 5 minutes from the M5 Junction 27
- Full disabled access
- Coach Drivers meal voucher, free access to hot drinks, free admission and £5 voucher to spend in the mill shop
- 10% discount in the shop for groups
2023 Group Pricing
Entrance and guided tour: £13
Entrance only: £12
Entrance Only £16.00
We have a number of Steam Days throughout the year, they can be found below.
(Min group size 10 adults)
Average recommended visit time is 2 hours
We are currently working on a new set of group menus for you to pick from.
Ideally, group menu options will be picked in advance with confirmation f numbers so we are fully prepared for your group.
We have a separate group dining space in our museum away from the Main café which can seat up to 50.
To making enquiries about group dining please contact firstname.lastname@example.org