Immerse yourself at Coldharbour Mill as we bring the industrial revolution to life. Largely untouched since Victorian times Coldharbour today remains in production using heritage looms, wool spinning machines, power sources and machinery to produce beautiful yarns and textiles. Recognised by Historic England as one of the best preserved and important textile mill complexes in the country visitors can explore how introducing steam and water power proved to be the turning point in history – revolutionising not only production but every part of daily life.
Whether your group is interested in heritage, steam power, social history crafts or military history we can promise a visit that your group will love.
- Fully working Victorian factory with the opportunity to trace how wool is turned into
yarn and fabrics.
- Regular ‘Steam Days’ when we light the Lancashire boilers and run the original mill
engine and historic Beam Engine. (limited dates, book early to avoid disappointment, see below)
- Mill Shop – an opportunity to browse our yarns, rugs and fabrics.
- Brazier’s Café which seats 40 with additional outdoor seating
- Large and free car park. Free coach parking
- Easy access – just 2 miles / 5 minutes from the M5 Junction 27
- Full disabled access
- Coach Drivers meal voucher, free access to hot drinks, free admission and £5 voucher to spend in the mill shop
- 10% discount in the shop for groups
Minimum numbers apply.
Group Pricing 2019:
Entrance only £10.00 Adult
Entrance only £9.00 Concession
Entrance and Guided Tour £12.00 Adult
Entrance and Guided Tour £11.00 Concession
(Min group size 10 adults)
Average recommended visit time is 90 minutes
Food and Drink options for your Group
Brazier Café is the on site café at Coldharbour Mill and can seat 40 people inside with outdoor seating for an additional 30. Serves locally sourced food with group dining options available. Food served until 3pm
For more information please contact Visitor Services Manager Sean Good-Butcher on 01884 840960; email SeanGButcher@coldharbourmill.org.uk
Download Group Booking Form 2019